Organising and Chairing Meetings Certification
Meetings are a key mode of communication in most organisations. They are used to share new ideas, pass on important news about the business, organise complex projects and more besides. Although the common stereotype of a meeting is that of a dull gathering in the office, they are extremely useful when overseen by a competent chairperson.
In this course, you will learn how to successfully arrange, oversee and chair meetings that enhance the performance of a business. You will learn how to keep the meeting on track and how to handle interpersonal tension or conflict.
You Will Learn:
- What constitutes a business meeting and why they are necessary
- The main types of meetings you might have to chair, including decision-making and consultation meetings
- The role of the chairperson in a meeting and how they can facilitate rather than dominate proceedings
- What makes a good meeting agenda and how they should be used during meetings
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- If you are responsible for chairing meetings as part of your job, you will benefit from the practical strategies in this course
- If you are responsible for taking minutes during meetings, this course will help you gain a broader appreciation of the context in which a meeting usually takes place
- This course will benefit anyone who needs to attend meetings but is unsure what to expect, as it provides an overview of how they are typically structured
- If you ever serve in a mediation role that requires diplomacy and tact, you will benefit from learning the communication skills outlined in this course