Professional Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Counselling
PTSD is a wide-ranging subject and one that may involve emotive repercussions that vary in nature.
Every person reacts differently to life’s obstacles but, for some, the effects may be more severe. PTSD often involves fear and the inability to move on to better experiences. Individuals who suffer from PTSD often struggle with their identity and find it difficult to interact with others or succeed professionally.
This course provides in-depth information on the causes, methods of treatment and guidance techniques to treat PTSD. We recommend that students study this course in addition to a professional counselling course.
You will Learn:
- What PTSD is and why the disorder is a very difficult experience for many people
- An in-depth understanding of the emotional, mental and physical effects of PTSD and how it can impact an individual’s life
- The different types of PTSD and how stress can perpetuate the condition even further
- Different types of PTSD trauma and how they can trigger different reactions
- How to recognise symptoms of PTSD and diagnose the symptoms as simple or complex PTSD
- Depression, anxiety, eating disorders and self-harm as possible repercussions of untreated PTSD
- How PTSD affects children and teenagers, signs and symptoms of trauma and how you can counsel them
- How to elicit responses and gather information regarding the person’s condition
Benefits of Taking this Course:
By studying the professional course on PTSD counselling, you can benefit in many ways, including:
- Understand how to treat people with PTSD
- Help people to deal with their fears and terrors and gradually resolve them to move past that point in their lives
- Help people to explore options for recovery and healing