UK Employment Law Certification
Understanding your rights as an employee is an important aspect of working, but how does this help those working outside of the legal world?
The UK Employment Law Certification programme is a great course for anyone both within and outside the legal world, particularly those in human resources roles.
The information provided within this programme offers employees with the information that they need, in order to understand not only their rights as an employee, but also their duties and how they fit into the workforce.
This is also an excellent opportunity for employers, as it will give them invaluable information that can help build a safe and productive working environment.
This 10 module certification programme will benefit not only you, as an owner or manager, but also any staff members and your organisation as a whole.
What’s Covered in the Course?
Each module is designed to deliver up-to-date information related to UK employment law. This includes topics such as:
- An overview and foundational knowledge base of employment law in the UK, including why it’s important to know and the basics of this form of law;
- The legal processes related to recruitment and employment contracts, such as the Equality Act 2010 and how to prepare a contract;
- Employee benefits and wages – this covers broader topics, such as payroll and the minimum wage, as well as PAYE forms: P45, P60 and P11D;
- How to handle employee dismissals and disciplinary action;
- Health and safety regulations, including the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974;
- Employee leaves of absence, such as sick leave, parental leave and long-term leave;
- Workplace monitoring and data protection, which involves maintaining employee confidentiality and regulations regarding supervision;
- Handling workplace grievances and disputes.
What are the Benefits of the Course?
As an employer or an employee, this UK Employment Law Certification provides a number of benefits:
- It can be accessed from anywhere in the world and offers a ‘learn at your own pace’ format;
- It provides a great skills development opportunity for human resources and/or accounting personnel and/or any staff whom you are hoping to promote;
- It includes up-to-date information about the UK legal system, so it is catered to your specific area, as opposed to offering generic advice;
- It uses real-life scenarios that would typically need to be addressed in the workplace, providing your employees with the required skills and knowledge, in order to handle such cases in a professional manner and within the legal guidelines;
- It ensures that your employees are working under current workplace safety regulations and standards.