Environmental, Social and Governance
Environmental, social and governance, or ESG, is the only way for businesses to operate ethically, legally and morally in today’s political and social climate, and it’s also becoming essential for businesses to remain relevant, profitable and highly attractive to investors.
We provide the ultimate guide to everything you need to know about ESG and how to integrate the principles into your business, no matter what its size or scope. We provide the full definition, legislative and legal background and explain the current urgency to comply and the serious consequences of non-compliance.
You will learn how to establish your environmental impact, measure and reduce the negative environmental effects and compile accurate reports for your stakeholders and potential investors while reducing your carbon footprint and attracting investor and consumer confidence.
We will show you how you can integrate social responsibility into the fabric of your organisation, by ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace, with equal opportunity for all backgrounds and lifestyles, as well as placing human rights and consumer protection at the top of your priority list.
Finally, we will provide you with a complete guide to the UK Corporate Governance Code, the most important guidance on operating ethically, properly and successfully from within your organisation.
What You Will Learn in This Course:
- The background, definition and current urgency to comply and the consequences of non-compliance with ESG
- How ESG ties in with UK legislative requirements, legal operation and corporate best practice
- How to determine, measure, reduce and control your environmental impact and compile credible and accurate reports for stakeholders
- How to implement and prioritise inclusivity, diversity, human rights and consumer protection in your organisation
- About the UK Corporate Governance Code, and how to apply its principles in your company
The Benefits of Taking This Course:
- Increase your sales by attracting new, discerning customers
- Improve your staff retention, loyalty and output, by treating employees with dignity and respect
- Avoid financial, legal and reputational damage, by operating ethically and morally
- Attract new investors and drastically improve your shareholders’ confidence
- Improve your brand reputation by being a part of the solution and not the problem