Health and Wellbeing
Health and wellbeing is important and should be taken seriously. A happy and engaged workforce will increase both morale and productivity; it is good for both people and the organisation. Wellbeing can also help people to deal with changes or challenges they may face, in their personal life or at work. It can offer strategies to help minimise stress and manage mental health. All staff should be able to work in a healthy, safe and happy environment and this course will look at ways to achieve this.
This is an online course, which will allow you to work when it is convenient for you and gives you the ability to study at your own pace. It is possible to still work when taking this course, and many people do so, as you can apply what is learnt in this course to your day to day life.
You can access the course on any device, as long as you have access to the internet, and you will also have access to online support via our website. The course also has a comprehensive syllabus, which is broken down into manageable, easy to do, modules.
When you complete the course, you will be required to pass a multiple choice test. When passed, you will have earned your certification, which you can both download and print. We also offer to post these diplomas for an additional small cost.
You Will Learn:
- What health and safety means and why it is so crucial.
- The key pieces of legislation that govern health and safety in the workplace, and who is responsible for upholding health and safety in the workplace.
- About stress at work or at home. It is normal to experience tension and pressure, sometimes over the course of a typical workday or week. However, when people feel unable to meet the demands of work, they can quickly become stressed. The course can therefore beneficial to team leaders and managers who need to be able to identify stress, who is stressed and what the stressors are.
- You will learn about the various types of stress and how to reduce/prevent this stress. This will include guidance on meditation and breathing techniques.
- Mental health can affect people from all walks of life and you will learn about some of the most common disorders, including depression and anxiety. You will learn how to identify these disorders, and symptoms.
- About Schizophrenia and Psychosis. You will learn the symptoms and causes of Schizophrenia which although uncommon is a feared and stigmatised mental illness.
- Information about the types of drugs and the health risk of drug abuse. Details about the legal classification of drugs. About the misuse of over the counter and prescription medicine.
- The reasons why workplaces should focus on drug and alcohol awareness, as well as how drug and alcohol use can impact your workplace.
Benefits Of Taking This Course:
- The ability to keep a workplace as safe and injury free as possible, by making sure that staff are informed accordingly on the subject.
- You will be in a position to support those experiencing mental illness or psychological distress, both at home and in the workplace.
- How to manage stress to improve mental health, productivity and motivation and personal wellbeing.
- How to recognise and understand the signs of drug and alcohol misuse, to manage health and safety risk in the workplace and how to support those individuals involved.
- Study from anywhere including at home, at work on your lunch break, and at any time that you find to be suitable.
- The ability to study at your own pace, which allows you to complete the course when and how you want to. Complete it in a few days, weeks, or months.
- Use any internet-enabled device to access the course, including tablets, mobiles and pcs.
- This course is broken down into different modules, which are not only easy to manage, but also help to make studying more enjoyable.
- You will have access to online support throughout the course, which helps to ensure that you always stay on track.