Paediatric First Aid
This course will teach you many of the important aspects of paediatric first aid training.
After any serious accident or life-threatening incident, there is a small window of time for keeping a child alive and avoiding further complications, even if the child survives. If the first person on the scene is qualified to identify and treat these conditions, then the child will have a far greater chance of survival.
This course will teach you the basics of being a paediatric first aider. However, in order to take full advantage of this course, you should enrol for a practical course, whereby you can apply what you have learnt. Search online for training in your local area.
You will Learn:
- How to keep a child alive by using CPR
- How to conduct a primary and secondary survey to ensure that the optimum care is given, and nothing is missed
- How to stop severe bleeding and choking, which are immediately life-threatening
- How to identify serious health conditions, such as meningitis, before they become life-threatening
- How to identify and treat serious accidents
- How to identify and treat minor injuries and accidents
Benefits of Taking this Course:
- You will be empowered to save lives in the case of an emergency
- You will have an ability which will add an extra dimension to your career as a teacher or childminder
- You will be more employable and in demand by employers
- You will have a valuable life skill, which could be applied in many emergency situations
- You will be able to bring a broader spectrum of proficiency into your career or develop further career opportunities
- Even if you do this as a parent, you will be more competent to deal with household accidents and emergencies
- You will be more aware of risks and dangers and will be able to create a safer environment