Caring for rabbits can be very rewarding, but it is a dramatically different experience than looking after cats or dogs.
Rabbits have specific dietary, health and environmental needs.
It is important that anyone responsible for their care knows how to meet those requirements.
Doing so can lead to a long and happy life for your furry friend.
This course goes over everything you need to know about providing adequate rabbit care, split across two modules.
The first talks about the rabbit care in general, including a discussion of common rabbit breeds those engaged in animal welfare may encounter.
An overview of the environmental needs of rabbits is also included.
The second module dives into healthcare, talking about grooming and behavioural habits while also reviewing major ailments you should be aware of.
You Will Learn:
- Specific strategies you can employ to provide the rabbits in your care with an enriched environment
- How often toys must be cycled out to continue enriching your rabbit’s playtime
- The specific foods rabbits can eat on a daily basis
- The specific foods you should never feed a rabbit
- The reasons why hay is such an important part of your rabbit’s habitat as well as diet
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- Learn the benefits of getting involved with your rabbit’s grooming schedule, as well as a few tips on how to improve the bonding experience
- Learn about the difference in popular domestic rabbit breeds, to help you better choose a pet suitable for your lifestyle
- If you work in animal care, learn more about the specific health challenges facing rabbits and how you can spot the signs earlier
- If you work in pet sales, learn what kinds of conditions are required to ensure that rabbits in your care thrive before being placed in their forever homes
- If you are a prospective pet owner, learn everything you need to prepare your home for your rabbit’s arrival