Any individual, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or profession, may experience a one-off trauma or frequent trauma in their lives. Traumatic events can have a devastating effect on our psyche and mental and physical wellbeing and overwhelm our ability to cope. It’s crucial for trauma survivors to seek assistance and support, in order to be able to process their experience and move on with their lives.
Trauma awareness helps family members, caregivers, loved ones and organisations to provide trauma-informed care to people who need help. Timely intervention and compassionate assistance can go a long way towards helping trauma survivors cultivate healthy and trusting relationships and resume normal lives. People who have suffered trauma may experience terror and intense fear, even while handling the routine interactions of day-to-day life.
What You Will Learn on This Course:
- What trauma is, and how acute trauma can trigger a host of adverse effects
- The causes and consequences of chronic trauma, including physical, behavioural, existential, cognitive and psychological responses
- The different types of childhood trauma and the multiple effects of each type
- How childhood trauma affects the transition into adulthood and the associated problems that often arise
- Different types of PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder), physical and psychological effects
- Coping strategies for trauma survivors, including exposure, therapy, EMDR (eye movement desensitisation and reprocessing), mindfulness techniques, CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy), group and individual therapy
The Benefits of Taking This Course:
- You will learn to recognise the signs of trauma in children, as well as adults
- You can help a family or loved one by offering the right support or help them seek professional intervention, if required
- The information helps you create safer environments at home or at work, to prevent re-traumatisation experiences
- You can use the content to create resilience and a strength-based approach to build supportive environments