Understanding the National Insurance Contributions System Certification
In the UK, all employees aged 16 and over must pay National Insurance contributions, as do employers and the self-employed. However, few people understand why we make these contributions and how they are calculated.
This course will provide you with an overview of the National Insurance Contributions System, how it works, and why the amount a person pays varies as a function of their employment status.
You Will Learn:
- What National Insurance is, and its key purpose
- The different classes of National Insurance contributions as they pertain to employees
- Why employers make National Insurance contributions
- Why an employee’s pension scheme affects the amount of National Insurance their employer pays
- How to deduct National Insurance contributions from an employee’s wages
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- If you are responsible for maintaining the payroll at work, this course will help you understand one of the most important deductions on any payslip
- If you are an employee, you may find it useful to understand how the National Insurance system works
- If you are self-employed, you will benefit from understanding how and why you may need to make two types of National Insurance contributions
- If you are a manager, this course will help you explain to employees how the system works if they ask you for an explanation
- By understanding how National Insurance contributions affect your entitlement to benefits in the future, you will be able to use the information in this course for the purposes of long-term financial planning