How To Use Garden Herbs
This course will teach you many skills for using your herbs and is inspired by techniques and skills used throughout history. Many people like the idea of having a herb garden, but once the planting is done they are unsure how to use their plants. They may be limited to simply using rosemary or thyme in their cooking. This course will teach you how to use your herbs for culinary, cosmetic, fragrant, gift and home health purposes. You will learn all about herb plants and the many diverse applications they have.
In times past, people used Still Rooms for drying and storing herbs, subsequently transforming them into items for use in the home. The modern kitchen is an ideal substitute for a Still Room and, with the addition of a cool room for drying herbs, this is all you require to be a modern-day herb user.
This course will qualify you to use herbs to make gifts and scented products, for culinary and cosmetic purposes and simple home remedies.
What you will learn:
- How to design an organic herb garden to suit your needs
- About common culinary herbs and their uses
- The basics of making home cosmetics from your herb garden
- How to use medicinal herbs to treat simple home ailments
- How to make herbal gifts and scented products for the home or to sell in a small business
Benefits of taking the course:
- Gain a skill that will add benefit to your health and wellbeing
- Benefit the environment and yourself by growing and using organic herbs
- Potential to develop a career in making various herbal products
- Develop a relaxing, rewarding hobby that will bring fulfilment and pleasure into your life